Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back On The Chain Gang

Well, Monday was a real day off (I was on call but no one called me) but Tuesday has come and it is time to get to work. I was expecting to get to train with my TL but the guy I switched jobs with called off, so I need to cover it. Oh well.

I slept well and was ready to get up when the alarm went off. I took two of the the three dogs out but only walked one of them. Jazzie is very hyper Lab but she is sweet. My wife got up to give me a hand...I am not very alert at 5:00 AM so the help was greatly appreciated. I made coffee and washed dishes, then got my shower. I did not really have time to check news, weather, and e-mail.

After the rest of my routine was finished I drove to work, greeting my TL and my boss. I ran the reports I do (out of habit) and checked the ticket queues, then realized I had a voice mail on my office phone. It was left on Saturday and it was from my former dotted line mgr in Sweden. He was a bit upset that the guy I am switching with pawned an issue off on him (I was aware of the issue but told switch boy that it was not something that needed to be "escalated". I think that made him mad and that is why he called my boss). Why my boss called me to comment, I am not sure. The odd thing was that he did not call the hotline (there are no calls in the call log on the hotline), but my desk phone directly...on a Saturday. I am not in the office on Saturday. Oh well.

No comments: