Thursday, May 03, 2007

Summer Storm Soiree

Work yesterday ended on a positive note...nothing outstanding to keep me from enjoying my evening at Care Group. Traffic was not very heavy by the time I left at 4:30 PM but a storm was brewing in the west. The National Weather Service announced that it was gonna be a strong one.

I got home and greeted my wife and put up my laptop bag. She was washing Little Man so I was free to grab something while she did that. I asked a couple of times if there was anything I could do to help but she just waved me off. I was not sure if she was upset or not. She sometimes gets a little stressed out when she has a lot to do and not much time to do it.

I grabbed a hot dog, a few Sun chips, and some juice to hold me over until we ate at Care Group at 7:00 PM. 7 hours is a long time for me to wait without getting edgy. After the dog had been washed and let out, my wife got a shower and we left as soon as she was finished getting dresses and fixing her hair. We arrived just as some rain was falling and we knew it would not be long before the heavy rain hit.

I got a call stating that one of our B iC's who was bringing the pizza would be late but he would be there as soon as he could. He arrived just about 7 PM, just as some of the heavy rain was hitting. It looked like pictures of coastal storms you see on the weather channel. Many places lost power and trees, signs, and fences were down all over Frisco, Plano, Allen, and Lucas. I was glad we were not out in it.

After dinner and some fellowship, a couple of the members decided to leave during the lull of the storm. We stayed a bit longer but went home before the hard stuff came back. My wife was a bit on edge most of the evening. She said she felt I was being rude to her earlier on when we were all cutting up. I found that quite odd since she was dishing it out some as well and I thought my comments were rather benign. However I have learned that we men do not always convey things the way a woman needs to hear it. I guess my wife could have taken offense to the comments that were meant to be tongue in cheek. I apologized but somehow I felt that she was not really into forgiveness. I will talk with her about that later today.

We got home and found that we did not lose power, so the episode of "Jericho" was recorded. It was a great episode and makes me anxious to see the season finale next week.

I woke up about the same time as my wife did today. She decided to walk The Golden while I walked Little Man. I got back just a few minutes before she did (she took a different route today) and got the dog's food ready. I made my coffee and went to check my e-mail while my wife worked on a few things around the house. Something is on her mind, since she was cleaning first thing this morning. She did the same thing yesterday as well, but it was limited. I know she has to work today and has a small laundry list of items to do, so that may be part of it.

Okay...I just received a phone call that proves people do not listen. I answer the phone the same way no matter if it is my work phone or mobile. Very simply, I say my first and last name. Just a few moments ago, a call came in and I answered the phone in my normal manner. The guy says, "Hey bud, how are you doing?" It sounded like the BiC who just lost his job, so I answered, "Pretty good. What's up?" He then begins to ask me about batteries for the hall lighting. I said, "What?", to which he says, "Is this Joe?"

Let me tell one thing...my first name does not sound ANYTHING like "Joe". People just do not listen any more.

I have a few things I need to do today, if at all possible. I need to go get a cd/tape adapter (allowing my portable CD player to be played through a tape deck), go vote (special election in our town), and pick up a few clothing items (hankies, underwear, etc)...I normally do not shop but my wife asked me to do it this time...it is the least I can do.

I hope I can get out of here early to accomplish those things. As long as work cooperates...

No comments: