Monday, May 28, 2007

Nothing To See Here

5:30 AM - Alarm goes off. It is a holiday* so I turn it off and fall back to sleep.
6:30 AM - I climb out of bed and give The Golden a brief walk. It has been raining off and on for several days and finding a rain-free window of opportunity is difficult. The radar maps become my friend.
7:00 AM - I fix a light breakfast of biscuits and honey, washed down with a couple of cups of coffee. A banana and a yogurt round it out.
7:30 AM - I check e-mail and enter a few receipts into AceMoney. My wife announces she is going to the gym to work out.
8:00 AM - Daily bible reading.
9:00 AM - My wife goes to work out and I babysit Little Man. He is suffering from separation anxiety and licks/chews his paws if left unattended. I have to get him to follow me wherever I go to keep him occupied.
9:30 AM - Wash dishes.
10:00 AM - I begin to do some opining regarding my relationship with my ex-wife. I have not spoken to her in years and I would like to put all the drama behind us. I spend the next hour thinking about how badly we screwed with each other.
11:15 AM - My wife comes home and we have leftovers for lunch. I am amazed that I have not been called on the hot line yet.
Noon - I watch a little TV. It has been raining off and on all day. I cannot do any yard work and I am not motivated to do anything inside. My wife works on laundry and I assist.
1:00 PM - My wife and I check e-mail then take a nap.
2:10 PM I get up (my wife had gotten up 20 minutes before) and park my butt in front of the TV. This is the laziest I have been in a long time.
4:00 PM - My wife starts getting ready to go pick up Jazzie (the dog we are pet sitting for two weeks).
4:30 PM - I hit the shower.
5:10 PM - We arrive at Jimmy and Collette's house to pick up Jazzie.
6:00 PM - Go back home and drop off Jazzie while my wife and I grab a burger at Scotty P's.
7:00 PM - Return home and take all three dogs on a two mile walk.
8:05 PM - Return from walk with two clean dogs and one very muddy Jazzie. I take care of the clean dogs, my wife gets to clean up Jazzie...outside.
8:30 PM - Watch even more episodes of "The Deadliest Catch" on Discovery.
9:30 PM - In bed updating this blog and checking the news online.

I feel so guilty about being lazy today but I know that from here on out life gets harder for me...I guess days like this need to be relished.



*Holiday or not I am still required to be on call.

No comments: