Sunday, May 20, 2007

Next Week Should Be VERY Interesting

I left work just a tad early Friday since it was so slow. I figured no harm, no foul since I tend to work through lunch 50% of the time. When I got home, something told me to log in to work and check my e-mail. When I did, I noticed that I had one from the guy whom I will swap jobs with and one from one of our customers (who happens to be a mid level manager). The one from the guy I will be swapping jobs with informed me that an issue that we had thought was resolved has reared its ugly head again...and he wants me to run an escalation on it. Interesting. In two weeks, HE would be the one running the escalation.

The second one from our customer is a request (handed down from their higher level mgmt) to have THREE escalations opened for the same issue. The reason he wants three escalations is that he wants one escalation for each site that is having the problem. At this point, the very vague e-mail gives me only a slight clue what the problem is...performance of a certain application over the WAN. The last time I ran an escalation on this was near Christmas and it was open for two months. I guess my replacement will be running this one. I am not going to start it and have him take over half way. He will be involved from the beginning. Needless to say I have CC'd several of my mgmt staff the e-mails I received so far. I wonder what they will suggest?

Oh, how I look forward to Monday!

No comments: