Monday, April 17, 2006

Of Anger and Pride

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Things tend to stack up (some on short notice) and I just feel like control is slipping away.

1 - Today is our 12th wedding anniversary. I have not gotten so much as a card, let alone a gift.
2 - I need to come up with part of a lesson for Wednesday night's care group. I am tag-teaming with another guy and my part is faith. I have no idea what I want to cover.
3 - I have two yards that need to me mowed. I can do 1 per night, so 2 nights are spoken for (most likely Tuesday and Thursday).
4 - Vacation is coming up in a couple of weeks.
5 - The men's retreat is coming up the week after vacation.
6 - I start teaching Sunday school in a couple of weeks.
7 - A wedding and a housewarming to attend in the next 2 weeks.
8 - Mother's Day is less than 1 month away.
9 - Our boy ships off to AIT Friday, then when he returns he is scheduled to go to Iraq.

There are other things, but those are a few of the ones that are stressing me. Money is tight and of course gasoline keeps going up. The weather has finally broken and we are now in the 80-90 degree range every day (today is supposed to get near 100), so our electric bill will soon skyrocket. We have paid for our vacation (sans gas and food) in cash but we have nothing in reserve. We are trying to pay off our only debt (a van payment and some CC debt), but to do so means sending large chunks of cash to a couple of separate banks.

I do not like to worry. I know that as a praying man, my family will be provided for. I need to pray and I need to have faith that God will provide. He is not going to let us suffer needlessly nor will he put something in our path that we cannot overcome with his help.

Wait a minute...I may have just found my faith lesson for Wednesday night.

No comments: