Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hot Topic, Dentists, and Sinus Headache #12,735

Well it appears that the Duke lacrosse rape allegations are a hot topic. I am glad to see comments as well as a large number of hits to the site. The subject is an interesting one and there is a lot that can be gleaned from what we are finding out.

Race, as I had stated before, plays a big part in this. We have a black stripper who attends a largely black university who accuses 3 white lacrosse players from a largely white (and affluent) university. I do not think that there is much doubt she was assaulted that night, most have doubts that the dookies lacrosse team did it, unless of course, it was the sole black member of the lacrosse team...the only one who DID NOT give a DNA sample (I just made a Freudian slip and typed "DNS" instead of DNA...that is what I get for posting at work).

I came in about 1.5 hours later today due to a dentist appointment at 8 AM. I like my dentist and her staff. They are friendly and do a good job. The billing has been accurate and probably one of the best reasons is that she is smart enough to the difference between dry mouth and gum disease. Why are you screwing your face up like that? I am serious! The last 2 dentists I went to told me I had gum disease. The last dentist I had before I left NC said my mouth was in great shape. I moved to TX and found a dentist, but I did not like her. She was the first to tell me I had gum disease (early stages). I changed dentists and the next hygentist told me the same thing. We stayed with them because my wife liked her hygentist and the dentist but I was not happy. After a couple of years of the hygentist shoving the dental probes below my gum line and making gums bleed, I asked her to take it easy. She told me that my gums would not bleed if my mouth was healthy. Then she made some comment about me breathing out of my mouth. I told her I had sinus issues and breathing through my nose was difficult at times. Then she asked me if I breathed out of my mouth while I slept. I guess I do, but since I am asleep, how will I know? She then asked me if my mouth was really dry when I woke up. I told her yes and she said, "Oh, you do not have gum disease, you have dry mouth" and she continued to dig under my gum line making my mouth hurt for several days.

I finally had enough of the poor care and the lousy billing and we found Dr. Weyandt. She is a Christian and has very good chair side manners. Her staff is top notch as well.

My back doctor is a good guy and so is his nurse, but his office staff needs to go. We had an eye doctor when we first moved here 5 years ago whom we loved, but he had the most arrogant staff I had ever seen. I could not make that trade off, good doc and bad staff. It was just not worth it.

As the afternoon got started, I noticed I was getting a sinus headache. I have had so many of those in the past 2 years that I am getting rather tired of them. I guess I could get meds for my sinuses but I hate taking more meds than I need. I do not want to end up like Dad. He was taking 17 different pills a day. I wonder if that actually hurt him more than it helped him...

No comments: