Saturday, April 01, 2006

Friday was ... Cool.

Friday was not a bad day at all. Work was short and not busy, I had minimal pain, and I got to see a very cool rock band. You may have heard of them...Pillar.

I got to see them at Acquire the Fire on Friday night. Way cool! I have been listening to Pillar for a couple of years and have been pretty impressed with them. Growing up on hard rock and then giving my life to Christ was not an easy transition. I thought I would have to give up my love of the crunchy guitars and driving rhythm's. WRONG! There are plenty of great bands to listen to and Pillar is just one of them.

I was able to attend this event free. Normally the ticket price is $25, but my lovely wife is the food coordinator for the Dallas AtF event and was able to get me in close for no cost. She did it last year and she was highly complemented on her accomplishments. She will be the first to tell you that God does it and uses her as the tool.

My wife said it was part of my anniversary present and the other part was coming. I love my wife. She even stayed and watched the band perform, even though she hates hard rock. She used earplugs but she stayed!

If any of the AtF crew, performers, speakers, or fans are reading this...THANK YOU for all you do. So many kids need this. Our society is crumbling and our youth is our future.

God bless you all!

No comments: