Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Discord among The Masses

I have been reading Jihad Watch lately. It is a very informative site with a lot of good commentary. It has really opened my eyes on the radical side of the Islamic faith. I used to think that all religions promoted peace, but any religion has the ability to become tainted when elements of the fringe begin to take center stage in the media. As a Christian, I was taught that God loves us all. The saying I was taught was, "Love the sinner, hate the sin". Since we are all sinners, this makes sense. If we hated the sinners, we would hate everyone and that would not be very bright.

I know lots of people who are not Christians: Drug addicts, alcoholics, homosexuals, atheists, etc. And while we are not overly close, I do not hate them. I only hate what they are doing to themselves.

It would appear to me that Islam and Christianity looks at converting people completely different. The GOAL of Christians is to win people over with love. Show them Christ by being different: Live a Christ centered life, be a friend to someone in need, share of your abundance. There are many things we can do, but they are all based on love.

The Muslim faith is very different. First, most do not want you to convert to Islam and if they did, the conversion would be under duress. Convert or die.

I would like to add more but I am having trouble thinking...I forgot my pain meds and I am achy all over. I would like to go home and rest, but I am not sure that is going to be possible.

Maybe I will post more later...if I feel better.

No comments: