Monday, July 24, 2006

Wireless Again

My replacement Linksys wireless router arrived today. The old one died and I had to send it back for a replacement. The only down side to this was I had to pay for shipping to them, but at least they FedEx'ed it back to me. I am not sure why, but I could not get it configured to Comcast until I turned on MAC cloning. I did not have to do that on the last one.

I think the last one failed because Comcast was pushing updates to cable modems and routers (they are in bed with Linksys) and the router lost power in the middle of the flash. I know that I did not try to flash it and the symptoms pointed to a fried firmware and failed flash.

I had the darnedest time getting WPA configured on my work laptop, the only wireless device in the house. However I was eventually successful. I am posting this now from our bedroom.

My day went by pretty slowly. I was expecting a knock down, drag out day, but it was tame. We have a couple of people out and the one guy who worked with me did not seem too happy to be at work.

No comments: