Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Arghhh..Lemme Try This Again.

I hate when I multi-task and lose track of things. I had a nice post that I had not saved as a draft yet and closed Firefox. It asked me if I wanted to close the window and I said "yes", losing my post. Sigh. I will try to recap...

Multi-tasking: I was trying to fold clothes, research stuff on the web, post stuff to the rEcyler board, and make this post. 3 out of 4 ain't too bad...

I was given a huge mound of computer stuff Monday. I sorted through the 4 totes and misc boxes and kept about 1/10 of it or so. The rest I am putting up on the local rEcycler page for our area. One of the printers is already taken, pending pick-up. I am also getting rid of 2 ATX PC cases, a mobo, and a power supply. There are other things as well, but I do not feel like sorting them all out.I feel sort of like Fred Sanford. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I brought all this stuff home and had it laid out all over the office floor. I know she is glad I am getting rid of most of it. She hates when I collect junk :)

I got a few things that were needed: Replacements for things I had broken or given away, a Compaq Presario (500 mhz AMD processor) that had a non-bootable CD-RW, practically no RAM, no NIC, and a bad HD. I used parts from megaserver to build it up. It is quieter than the old megasever but it does not seem as peppy. I also got 2 printers, a small pc subwoofer system, a couple CR-RW's and a DVD-RW (+R). I also decided to keep a nice joystick and game pad. WHile I am no gamer, I thought they may be used at some point.

I got all this stuff from my BiC (Brother in Christ) "Mickey". He hates to recycle unless someone else does it for him. We recycle cardboard and electronics for him and he gives his alumimum cans to a SiC (Sister in Christ) who gets money for them. She gives the money to her grandson, who has birth defects. I do not remember the name, but they keep him from being as active as other children his age. He also cannot speak clearly.

I still have more junk than I need, but I am such a pack rat...I hate to part with all of it.

No comments: