Sunday, July 09, 2006

Not Exactly Routine

I had a pretty enjoyable weekend for the most part. I did not work much around the house (yes, I know that will haunt me later...) except for the obligatory vacuuming, laundry, bed making, and dish washing. We had plans to meet some friends for dinner at 5 Pm so we tried not to get too involved with the minutiae of the day.

The place we ate at was Mama Mia's in Anna , TX. It does not look like much. From the road (a side road none the less) it looks pretty tiny (but it is bigger than it looks) and it is Christian owned and operated. While it was not cheap, it clearly was one of the best pizzas I had ever had.

There were four of us and we ordered an extra large meat lovers, an appetizer of pizza rolls, and 4 Cokes. It was about $30...pricey, but it was not fast food pizza. We left a hefty tip since we were so pleased and went back to "Mickey" and "Mary's" house to hang out.

We ended up watching "Doc Hollywood, which is a pretty good movie, overall. I could have done without the nudity/language, but it was by far not the worst movie we had ever seen. We stayed until about 9:30 and left for home, since we had dogs to walk.

Sunday meant church and for me, teaching Sunday school. I was filling in for another BiC of mine and I had different people than I am used to, but I had a good time. After church we took a missionary from Nigeria out to lunch. We took him to Ghengis Grill and he was very entertained as well as appreciative. He did not try much/any of the spicy food, but he did get his fill. I was so full I could not even begin to think about food until 8-8:30 PM, and that was just left overs from a couple of nights ago.

Is spent some time playing around with the new and improved megaserver. It still is not running well, but I guess well enough to play on. Downloading torrents is painful. The clients are memory hogs and not very efficient. I am not sure what the future holds for it, but we shall see. I will not hold my breath...

No comments: