Friday, July 21, 2006

At Least the Day Ended Well

After the information uncovered by the message board members yesterday, I was relieved to have had a good ending to the day.

I e-mailed my wife and asked her for a date and she agreed. She had errands to run and this would work out perfectly. We stopped at Tia's for some food (we had a $10 off coupon...cool) and we were waited on by the best server we have had in a long time. The meal gave me time to fill in my wife about Ron and the con job he pulled as well as have some quality time with her.

The meal was great and we chatted for a few minutes before she went to run her errands and I went home to cut our grass.

I got home and let the dogs out and then changed into my mowing clothes (old shorts, shirt, socks, shoes, ball cap) and began mowing...the back (east side) first since it was partially shaded. I noticed pretty quickly that the water restrictions were taking a toll on the grass. The lawn looks in July like it normally does when it dies in November. Yes, the yard is 25% brown.

I finished the lawn just as my lovely wife was pulling in her van into the garage. I helped her unload the few groceries she purchased (sandwich stuff to feed the move crew Saturday) and then I hopped in the shower. I chatted with her until 9:30 or so and then she went to bed. I prayed with her and then logged on to post last nights blog entry. It rambles a bit, but I had all these thoughts I wanted to get down into words and could not stop typing. I may clean it up some later, but then again...maybe not. I spent almost 2 hours researching and writing that entry. There is a lot of data and I have more to add, most likely in separate posts. The message board members have been putting a lot of ideas on the forum.

No comments: