Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Busy Day

At least on this blog. 20 different visitors and a few repeats from the other day. BtW, hello to those who are logging and reading this from "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia", my state of birth.

Work slowed way down after lunch. True to form my boss e-mails me 7 minutes before I normally leave and asks me to get some info for him. I had it handy, so I sent it to him and then began shutting things down to go home.

I am going to have to start going on call pretty soon, at least as soon as they can get my VPN set up and working. I have been in the department since November and have not been on call yet. For the first 6 months, it would have been a wasted, since I am too green to be much help. But I guess I know enough to be on call. The bad thing is that we will all (11 of us) have to rotate on call for all the regions in the US soon, per my boss. While it means going on call very infrequently, it also means that week is gonna be murder. Some of those regions are tough on the techs.

Well, I have a leadership meeting in about 1.5 hours, but I wanted to update some stuff on my Windows box (I hardly use it...but it is the main box for my wife), and post a blog entry. Oh, maybe I should check my mail...

No comments: