Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Random Bits

This is silly. This is a very tame roller coaster. Roller coaster deaths are becoming a lot more common, or are they just being reported more?

My weekend seemed to last a long time. My drive into work felt odd, like I had not done it in a while. I was expecting work to be hectic, but Monday was tame (Tuesday was a completely different story, however) and I found myself bored.

Sunday I met a member of the message board that I post to. "Maverick" and his wife will be calling this area home as soon as she can get moved down here. He is already hear, securing a place to live and employment. Actually, he had a job here (that is why he moved) but he was laid off shortly after starting. He scrambled and found another one pretty quickly.

Maverick makes the 5th board member I have met. I plan on meeting more (Dakota is one I would like to meet as well as, Finn, Sunny and her soldier husband...as well as others) but time just does not allow it. Anyhooo, Maverick is a good enough guy. Not easily rattled, good head on his shoulders, and a provider.

I finally have my router configured (wireless) so I can use my laptop from the bedroom. It took a while to get it set up...it was not wanting to cooperate. I finally cloned the MAC address of my main machine and it started to work. The wireless thing also did not want to seem to work but finally I got it up and running. I have been surfing the web from the bedroom the past few nights.

I am about 1/6 of the way into season 4 of Farscape and I am not sure if I like it or not. The sex factor has dropped (thankfully) but the storyline is a little strained. I guess I will just have to watch it all and see what I think.

We had dinner with a couple from church last night. We went to Mimi's Cafe, someplace they had never been before. I have never seen anyone lament over a menu as much as they did. I bet they changed their minds 3-4 times. The food, as usual, was fantastic, but the service has really gone downhill. They messed up 2 of the orders (50% success rate!) and other than the manager, did not seem to care.

After dinner I walked the dogs and settled in with my laptop. I have been keeping up with the bills daily so I do not have a pile of them to take care of on any given day. The finances still are not where they need to be, but they are getting better.

1 comment:

dakboy said...

I think things are just getting reported more and the media is sensationalizing more.

The guy shouldn't have been on the coaster in the first place. He was advised of the risks. Everyone knows that you aren't supposed to get on those rides if you have heart problems, back problems, are pregnant, etc. Yet he went anyway. Sorry to say, he brought it upon himself. The park can't be held liable. The park would have been sued if he'd been denied entrance to the ride too.