Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Virus And A Migraine

Went to bed on Tuesday night with a migraine and woke up with it (albeit less severe). I got to work and was faced with a flurry of calls, e-mails, and IM's regarding a virus in the Virginia office. Of course our local help desk did not catch that...they said the network was down...yet they did no troubleshooting to verify it. By noon it was mostly under control, which was a good thing. By 1 PM the migraine had returned with a vengeance and I was not a jolly fellow. I had taken 100 mg of Tylenol but that was not working.

By 4 PM I was in too much pain to be in the office, so I went home. I set up the PC and layed down. From 5 PM on I was on call, so at least I could rest in between calls. I only got called once and that was an FYI call. After that, I did not wake up until my wife got back from aerobics.

I decided that I needed to eat something so I ate a sandwich and took some more Tylenol. I told my wife that I was not feeling well, so she pretty much left me along. She was pretty tired as well so we just crashed on the couch and the love seat watching TV until I got up to walk Little Man. Once I got back from walking him, I just went to bed. It was only 9:30, but I was in severe agony with the migraine.

I woke up tired, but at least the migraine has subsided some. It would be what I call a normal headache, which is noticeable. It is a dull, almost sinus type of headache, but sinus meds do no good. My wife is starting to get concerned since I get these every few weeks lately.

I did a little paperwork and caught up on a few little things that I can while I wait for two other pending cases to close. After that was finished I checked my e-mail and read the news, all the while keeping an ear open for the phone.

I did some research on romance scams and was lead to a great web site. Instead of blogging any more on this site, I think I will use that one. It seems to be a great resource.

No comments: