Monday, August 20, 2007

It's Good To Be The King

I slept like a log on Saturday...a good deep sleep. By the time Sunday morning rolled around, I was pretty refreshed. I walked Little Man, drank the last of my already ground coffee (I have some whole beans that a friend from Indonesia gave us but I have not tried yet) and got ready for church.

I had my last Sunday School class that morning (that I was teaching) and it went very well. The regular teacher will start the next semester and I she has already asked me to sub for her when she is out. I gladly accepted.

The service was good and I met some new people. One couple who joined told me that AT&T's UVerse service is now available in our area so I need to check that out...the price is right. We were invited to check out the service at the couples house when we get time. I plan on it.

After church we ate lunch at a low cost Mexican place in town. While there we ran into the couple we helped move. They invited us to join them and even paid for our lunch. That was rather nice of them. The repeatedly thanked us for helping them, but they did not have to thank us...we were glad to help.

We got home and ended up taking a 2-3 hour nap to recharge our batteries. The week had been long and hard for us.

After the nap we fed the dogs and watched a couple of episodes of MASH...the best comedy of all time in my opinion. Once the dogs food had settled, I walked Little Man and then chatted with the new neighbors for a while.

After my walk and chat, I returned a few phone calls (I have a PC to work on this week) and then called mom. We chatted for 90 minutes or so then my wife and I decided to just get some sleep. I slept well...like a king.

No comments: