Thursday, August 09, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Saturday was a busy day for us. My wife was making the last minute preparations for our trip to San Antonio and I was busy with yard work, prepping my Sunday school lesson, and vacuuming the house. We stayed busy most of the day.

Sunday I got up and got ready for Sunday school (the final three chapters of Judges) and when class was over, I dropped off a few things to some friends. I got home and my wife was finishing getting ready and we were able to leave around 11:00 or so.

The trip down was pretty nice, but as usual, Austin was busy. It seems that no matter what time of day or day of week we hit Austin, it is busy.

We arrived at San Antonio with no problems until we got near the hotel. There was a lot of construction in the area and we had to drive a bit out of our way to get there. Once there however, we got settled in and made plans to have dinner and visit my wifes brother who lived 15 minutes away.

We had Cajun at a local place that is in a strip mall. The food was not as good as it has been in the past, but it was okay. We stayed and chatted for a while then we went to the BiL's house for dessert...Pecan Pie w/ice cream. Nice way to end the evening.

We stayed until 8:30 or so then we went back to the hotel to walk the dogs. We found a residential area near by and walked the dogs until the humidity got to us and the dogs were finished.

The next day we spent at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It was hot, but we were able to keep hydrated well enough. We spent about 6 hours or so there, eating lunch and riding as many rides as we could. We sat in on a few shows and then headed back to the hotel. Sandwiches were on the menu for the evening to help counter the junk food eaten earlier on in the day. I even avoided a sunburn this time. My wife was kind enough to make sure I wore sun screen this time. Go Wife!

After a walk with the dogs and a shower, we watched some TV and then fell asleep.

The next day was a lazy day. We only did what was needed (take care of the dogs, eat, shower, etc) and spent the rest of the time reading, watching TV and sleeping. Later that evening my wife's brother called and invited us over, so after dinner (at TGI Friday's) and dessert (at The Cheesecake Factory), we went over to visit for a couple of hours. My BiL's kids were getting tired so my wife and I left to take care of the dogs. Once we got settled back into the room, it was 11:00 PM. Oddly enough, I was pretty tired.

Wednesday we packed up and headed back home. The trip was uneventful and we made good time until we got almost home. Multiple lanes of 75 were closed due to an accident. We got off the highway and took the back roads the rest of the way home.

We got home and I unloaded the van while my wife took care of the dogs. We took care of the unpacking and grabbed some sandwiches for dinner. After walking the dogs, eating, and watching a little TV, we really felt tired. Traveling does that to me. The first night all I want to do is sleep.

I got to work and was greeted by my TL. It seems he was pretty busy while I was gone and the issues we hoped would be closed are getting complicated. I asked him if he wanted me to help in any way and he told me not to worry...that if I would take care of the phones for him while he did the report, that would be very helpful.

Yes sir!

No comments: