Monday, August 13, 2007

Loving You Sunday Morning

Sunday turned out to be a good day. I got up and completed my normal morning ritual before heading off to church to teach my Sunday school class (Ruth 1 and 2...3 and 4 will close out the series). I had to go around the back because the opener (the person responsible for unlocking the church) failed to unlock the front doors...no big worry though.

My class went very well. Ruth was a breath of fresh air compared to the violence that we studied in the book of Judges. The class (a smaller one this week) had a lot of input and made the time go by very quickly. I can hardly wait until next week!

The class reminded me of a song performed by ApologetiX called, "Naomi Gonna Be With Ruth", which is a parody of the Hootie and the Blowfish song, "I Only Wanna Be With You". I was so tickled by it I sent the song and the lyrics to my class.

The service went well and I ended up speaking to a lot of people. My wife finally dragged me away so we could grab some lunch. My wife was in the mood for Italian, so Joe's Bistro was the place to go.

After lunch, my wife took my truck and filled the tank up (she had a Tom Thumb discount of 20 cents a gallon and for some reason it rang up as 25 cents off per gallon, making my total fill-up only 2.32 per gallon. Sweet.

While she was gone I did some web work (updating the Scamette log, e-mails, news, etc) and doing little else. I was kinda tired, but not sleepy, so I skipped my routine Sunday afternoon nap and read a little.

There was an evening service at church (we only have this once a month) so my wife and I got ready for that. It was a praise and prayer service and was only an hour long instead of the normal 1.5 hours that our morning service usually is.

Once home I called mom (dropping my mobile phone on the concrete in the process) while I walked Little Man. Mom is looking forward to me visiting next month and I am itchin' to get back on the road. I have a few places I want to see this time.

After my walk, my wife and I chatted, read, and watched a little TV. I think I was in bed by 11:00 PM.

I got up very refreshed and made it to work early. I did this on purpose because my TL is out this week, I am on call, and this week will most likely be a busy week. I have already had 1 high severity case and a call about another one. I cam waiting on more info before I react on that one.

I have my trustee meeting tonight but if things keep going as they are so far, I will not be able to make it. I will try, but right now work comes first...no choice in that.

No comments: