Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back To "Normal"

Yesterday was pretty much a normal day for me at work, albeit a bit busier than I expected it to be. It seems every time I would go to the bathroom, take a break, or go to lunch, he would get a call that would linger much longer than necessary. I am sure he was drained by the time he went home.

I helped him with some of his work (I did a postmortem for him on an issue that closed the same day) while he worked on a new schedule. Believe it or not, we finally get to go to a four man rotation for on call after years of doing a two man system. My TL worked on the details in between calls yesterday and it looks like I may actually get the major holidays (Christmas and Thanksgiving) off. I guess I will have to take the Head Trustee role at church now that my time has freed up. Amazing how God will make things happen when it is for his glory.

The Esc Mgr who left in a rush the other day made it to work yesterday. He said he felt much better but had no idea what was wrong. It sounded a bit fishy, but who am I to judge. He did however let me in on a bit of good news...he is 100% out of debt. He owed $45,000 to creditors (credit cards and car loans) and was sinking fast. Then he had a rich aunt die and left him 1/2 of the estate. He used a big chunk of that to get out of debt and is using $5,000 to buy his soon to be ex wife some furniture so she can get out of his apartment and they can get their divorce underway. At least he has some good news.

I got home and took care of the dogs and was pleasantly surprised when my wife came home one hour early. She said there was NOTHING going on and she could not take it any longer. I wish I could do that :)

After a basic dinner of sandwiches, we headed of to Braum's to get some ice cream. Since we had not been out in a while it was a little treat that was deserved. The experience was not the most pleasant since the quality of the the help leaves a lot to be desired and the place was a mess. No one was trying to clean it up and there was this one guy named "Mathew" just standing there looking confused. We did not stay long.

I got home and watched a little TV. The Travel Channel had a special on barbeque and Texas was the state with the most places featured. Of course Memphis and Kansas City were, too but Texas ruled the roost last night.

After a little TV, I hooked up the hose to water the Bradford Pear tree in the front yard. It has been a couple of weeks since it has rained last so I figured the moisture sucking sapling needed it. I started the hose with a moderate trickle and walked Little Man. I got back, checked th tree and went inside...leaving the water running since the ground was very dry. Stupid me forgot and left the water running for 2 hours...a trick I have not done in 3 years. Well, tack $15 more dollars onto our water bill.

I finished up the nigh watching a few Pride fights (Pride 33 I think) and then went to bed. I slept very well, but getting up...that was a different story.

No comments: