Monday, August 20, 2007

Darkness Falls

I like it when a day is slow enough that you can do little things like take breaks but busy enough that you do not get bored. Today was a day like that.

Normal routine: Walk dog, have coffee, bible time, shower, dress, breakfast, head to work. I washed the breakfast dishes and took out the garbage since I am not on call this week (I had extra time) which made my wife happy and I still got to work early.

My TL came back from his vacation today and I filled him in on all the hilarity he missed (smirk). His eyes got big when I told him what all went on and that I was glad he was back. He told me about his weekend (he rented a cabin in the Oklahoma woods) but the rest of his week he just spent at home with his kids.

The phone kept us busy all day but we only had one issue we had to make a priority. The rest were just "can you tell me..." and "who do I call to..." and "El, can you send me the postmortem template...". Nothing unusual for us.

I got home after transferring the phones to my TL who is on call (nana nana boo-boo) and ate a sketchy dinner if mashed potatoes and a granola bar. I am starved but I need to cut back my calories...I eat like a horse sometimes.

After my sketchy meal, I went out to start mowing but I realized we were out of lawn bags, so I had to run get some. In the process of leaving, I hit the trash can but it is unscathed. Thank the Lord for heavy duty plastic roll away bins.

I went to Kroger (it was the closest place) to get my bags and started on the lawn once I got back. Much of the yard was very thick, not high as much as it was thick. I managed to get four full lawn bags cutting ours and our neighbors yard. It only took 2 hours, but it was dark when I finished. That is what I get for not keeping stock on hand to do my work.

After the lawn, I walked Little Man and then got cleaned up. I still have no cleaned the house yet (my wife was off but spent the day washing and grooming the dogs, and doing laundry) and I still have a PC house call to make.

It is going to be a busy week.

Hey Gonzalo...how is Cuba?
IP - 169.158.80.130
ISP - Centro Nacional De Intercambio Automatizado
Browser - Firefox 2.0
Operating System - Windows XP
Resolution - 1024x768

No comments: