Saturday, August 25, 2007

Frantic Friday

It has been a few days and I need to catch up on a lot of things. Thankfully I was able to get most everything caught up at home and now it is time to do the same at work and on the blog.

I left work Thursday worried about how things would go for my TL since I was going to be out of the office on Friday. Things were pretty hairy most of the week and I was not sure how things would pan out.

I completed the PC cleaning for one of the families at church and it appears that all is well. There were two serious trojans on it and a plethora of minor spywares, but only a couple of viruses. Once the cleaning and sanitizing was complete, I ran a registry defrag/compress and thorough cleaning. Once I completed that and did a scandisk, the machine was humming along nicely.

I went to bed late, but I still had not packed for my weekend trip. I was tired and figured I could get packed the next morning before I left. I slept well.

I got up and packed, shaved, ate breakfast, had my coffee, and read my e-mail. I had a haircut scheduled at 9:15 AM and I needed to pick up "Kevin" so he could help me repair my sliding glass patio door after my haircut. The time was going by quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go get Kevin.

We took the door down and repaired the broken roller (after a trip to The Home Depot for parts), but were unable to replace the working (albeit older) roller due to a stripped machine screw on the door. I do not have a tap and die so we just replaced the broken one. I still have the new one just it case.

After finishing up door (it works very well now), we both cleaned up, packed up the truck and left. We stopped at CiCi's for lunch and the to Kroger for munchies for the trip. After we left Kroger we dropped of the PC I was working on and then Kevin and I were on the road.

The trip to Sky Ranch was pretty uneventful but traffic was bad in spots. We still made it in good time (we took the back roads). We were the first from our group to arrive (by several hours) and that gave us time to explore the ranch.

We explored, hiked, and played disc golf for a while then we stopped to get some water to cool off. It was in the 90's and humidity was a bit high. You would sweat but never cool down and your clothes always stayed wet. You needed A/C just to make it :)

Th group finally arrived at 7:45 PM (they had been playing golf and a few of them got lost on the way) and we unpacked the gear into the cabins. We split off into groups and walked around by the lake until we got tired of the bugs eating us. We headed back to the cabins and settled in after an hour of goofing off like kids..

No comments: