Thursday, August 09, 2007

Snoozeville

My boss is out of town. My bosses boss is out of the country. It has been slow. Very slow. Slow enough that I told my TL to go home. The phone has not rang once all day long.

My TL spent the day doing post postmortem reports for issues that he closed while I was gone. I think it took him about 5-6 hours total.

Last week we were told that we would be re-evaluated for our current jobs...including pay. I am a bit concerned that this is a way to remove our on-call pay that we get. Being on-call half the month without any compensation is not something I am looking forward to.

I grabbed a burger and fries at Wendy's today for lunch. Not my normal lunch fare, but there was nothing to eat at the house (we had been gone and had not been to the store yet). I did balance that off with a yogurt, a diet Sobe and a granola bar...1/2 my lunch was good for me!

I think summer has finally arrived in north central Texas. It looks like it will be 100+ degrees the next five days or so. That is a stark contrast to the vast amounts of rain we received the first seven months of this year.

No comments: