Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blah

Man, I just cannot seem to shake off this run down feeling I have had for that past two mornings. No energy, achy joints, slightly sore throat, and a little sinus pressure make El Gee an unhappy guy. i hope I can shake this before I hit the road next week.

Yesterday, work was mostly quiet, punctuated with only two issues of note. The first was my TL having to leave early to tend to his wife who had been in an auto accident very close to their home. He did not offer much info before he left other than she told him it was her fault and she was okay. If he makes it in today I will ask him how everything is.

The other issue happened about a hour after he left. The phone rang and it was the local Incident Mgr asking to have an issue looked at with priority. We have a process for these things so I started following it. On a hunch, I gave a heads up to L3 about this (even though the process dictates we go to L1 first) because this is the third time in as many weeks that this system has needed attention. In the long run it was a good thing that I did give L3 a heads up because the help(less) desk copied the data from the old ticket into the new one, but the problem was not the same as the day before...it was much different. After IM'ing the L3 and calling the customer for verification, the issue was resolved very quickly. No, the process was not followed 100% but in this case, the fix was implemented quicker than I could have documented it properly.

On my way home my wife called and asked me if I wanted to meet for dinner, so I agreed to meet her at Jason's Deli for a spud loaded with bbq beef. I love that one! After we had each eaten half of our spud, we packed up the leftovers and went home. I was not very energetic so I watched TV until 8:00 PM or so when I decided to walk Little Man. He is beginning to act a bit more "normal" but he still zones out every now and then.

I got back and watched an older Pride MMA fight before going to bed. I was out like a light.

I woke up with my wife holding my hand in her sleep. It was strange in a good way but I needed to get up so I could get to work. I walked Little Man and let The Golden out when I got back. Once I got them fed and watered, I settled down for some bible time and a shower.

After completing my regular routine, I hit the road and headed for work. Once in the parking lot, I noticed the security guard looking at the back of his car. He has a full window advert for his new business (PC repair) to make extra money on the side. I told him I was doing the same, but my business has all been word of mouth through the church.

I got in and unforwarded the phones so I could be the guy in the hot seat...no need for the guy in Brazil to sweat too long.

The rest of the day is looking like it may be boring, but looks can often be deceiving. We shall see.

No comments: