Monday, September 18, 2006

Update (Work, Home, Life)

The biggie first: Quote from my boss, "El, you are part of the retained organization. You begin integrating with the $new_group tomorrow."

I am not getting laid off and I am getting new responsibilities. The bad news is that I have to be on call this week for my old group. Joy.

The KL group appears to be keeping up with the tickets so far. The queue is below where it was last week. I hope that they are a good team when all is said and done. We will need stability in the upcoming days.

My wife went drove south to San Antonio to visit with her brother for a bit before driving to Weslaco to watch the deployment ceremony for my son's National Guard group. They leave Texas on September 20. The final destination is Iraq, but they will have at least to stops before they get there. I am a bit upset that I could not participate, but I was told that *everyone* had to be at work this week, no exceptions. Couple that with the layoffs and the fact I did not sleep well and this is going to be a *fun* day.

My wife called me last night but my cell phone battery was dying quickly, so I had to cut the call short. She took the home charger with her and I did not have the other (it was in the office) on so I waited until I got to work to charge mine. being on call this week, I may as well take this one home in case I need it.

It has rained quite a bit the past 24+ hours. We have had 3 inches of rain so far this month, which should help the plant life, although it will not do much for the lake levels. I have not watered my lawn in 2 weeks since the rain has been plentiful, at least by Texas standards.

More later.

No comments: