Friday, September 15, 2006

Almost One Week Into...The KL Zone, Projects, Layoffs

After almost one week of KL taking our Sev3 and Sev4 tickets, I am not overly impressed. While they are enthusiastic about taking ownership of the cases, they have not solved the numbers I had hoped. I have not pulled any reports so I have not hard data, but I watch what comes into our queue and what goes out. They still are not taking ownership of Brazil tickets (1/3 of our total cases come from Brazil) and Canada still grabs a number of them instead of doing what we were instructed to do and let KL handle the L1 and L2 cases. I guess it could be worse. The trainer comes back to Dallas Monday, so I will ask him what things were like. He could be very diplomatic and tell me they are functioning as expected, or he could be brutally honest. We shall see.

I have been working very hard this week on the project that I was assigned a while back. It is coming together and I want to say that it is about 80% complete. We have made great strides in getting the data that has been requested of us. I just checked and we are at 71.25% compliance, which will go up quite a bit once the teams in Europe do their part. Yeah!

The layoffs that I thought were coming today have not materialized yet. I thought I was going to get a package this morning since my boss was acting a but unusual before I walked in, but he was just commenting on his son's girlfriend. None of my business, really. I did find out that the layoffs would be Monday. They will start as soon as most people are in, I guess.

I really do not want to touch my pension, but since it is less than 10K, I think they are just cutting checks instead of letting us roll it into something. I could always open another IRA I guess :)

I got a call from the people who are repairing my failed Ryobi trimmer. The man said the clutch will only fail if it is used to much or an attachment has a bad bearing. It better be the latter, since I have a postage stamp for a yard and only use the thing for 1 hour or so a week.

I am no closer to figuring out what is wrong with the Linksys router. It works as a hub, but with an internet connection. I can honestly say that it worked and a few seconds later, it stopped. I can use it to hook up several PC's and they can communicate, but I cannot get any live internet. I could see if I was monkeying around with it, but all the settings are the same as the settings on my Netgear (well the ones that are similar, that is) and the Netgear works, the Linksys does not. I have been given some things to look for, but I do not think they are the answer. Power is not a problem since the power strip is the same one the Netgear is plugged into. Oh well. I will try when my wife goes to South Texas so I can work without her needing the internet access.

I also need to clarify that even though I am TWC, we still have all the Comcast settings, since TWC just came into town and took over. They have not switched anything yet. Other than a bill from TWC, I am still Comcast.

1 comment:

dakboy said...

I really hope that cashing out that pension money isn't the only option. Your $10K will be $26K in 20 years at 5%.

Check out all your options there, I'd hate to see you go from $26K in 20 years to $6K in January. If rolling over is an option, get the check made out to the administrator of the new plan, not to you personally. It'll help the tax situation.