Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Not Exactly an Impressive Start

As previously posted we are transferring our job roles to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This week was the "pilot" of that transformation and I am not overly impressed with the results thus far. We started "allowing" the KL group to pick up our low severity tickets Monday, September 11th. While a couple of the tickets were picked up, they were dropped 2-3 techs later and some were assigned back to America's tech's. I informed my manager and he told me to let it ride until Tuesday.

I got to work Tuesday and things had not changed. We had one ticket that was dangerously close to missing service level, so I took it. I then informed my manager and the Account Delivery Manager of the situation. I cc'd the trainer (one of our own tech's) on the e-mail and to my surprise, he responded (13 hour time difference made me doubt he would be awake) . I guess he was not aware of the scope on this since he had informed the trainees that the tickets for Latin America (almost 1/2 of our total cases) were not in scope and to assign them to the local tech! A few e-mails later and we were all in synch with what was going on and the KL tech's were assigning themselves the cases.

All was going well from 10 AM to 1:30 PM central time when I noticed one of the KL tech's was sending back the Latin America tickets with notes saying "not in scope". I fired off another e-mail for the trainer to read when he got in, but to my surprise, he answered it within an our. KL is 12 hours ahead of us so for him to work at 2:30 AM his time is impressive!

The trainer let me know that the issue would be resolved and things would be "right as rain" today.

We shall see.

As of 4:30 PM last night, NONE of the cases assigned to KL had been resolved yet. Not a roaring success, eh?

1 comment:

dakboy said...

At least you have someone in KL that's actually taking some initiative and knows that these people are passing the buck. My own experience with transferring things to people for outsourcing didn't go nearly as well. I basically had to do everything that the outsourcers were supposed to do. They didn't read a single thing that I sent them for comprehension, every conference call was them reading the materials back to me verbatim, and they made no effort to understand anything or even ask questions beyond what they saw on the surface.