Saturday, September 02, 2006

Nice

Not long after I posted my last blog entry, my boss stopped by and told me I needed to attend a 9:30 meeting (that did not start until 10:00). I took care of a few things and headed off for the meeting in the account manager's office. During that meeting my boss told me I looked tired. I was. I had 3 hours sleep 2 nights before and 6 the previous night, working a total of 30 hours in 2 days. He smiled and told me to go home as soon as the meeting was over. I had to get my Canadian counterparts to watch the ticket queue, but I was able to get out. I sent an e-mail telling folks that I would be out of the office and then stopped by to tell my TL. He was sympathetic towards the situation since he had been up a few hours longer than I a couple of nights ago but he was able to take most of the next day off. He then told me that I should have quit work sooner that night I was up very late so I would be refreshed when I got to work the next day, since he was not going to be there. Ok, so I am stupid...sue me. I left at 11:30 AM.

I was on my way home and realized I was starved, so I called my wife and asked her if she wanted to grab lunch out...she was in the middle of cooking so she could not, but asked me to pick up a few things at the store. I stopped in to Kroger's and got what she needed and few other things for lunch. I got home, ate and then hit the sack.

I was doing well until my pager went off...it was the SIM (Strategic Incident Mgr) from work. He could not find any of my team and protocol says to page the on-call person. He had no idea I was home sleeping until just right after he paged me. That is when my TL told him I where I was.

I returned the page and the SIM said he was sorry...I told him not to worry. I managed to get about 3 hours sleep total then I puttered around the house. My wife took my truck to get it inspected and the oil changed (she is a trooper!) at Kwik Kar, the place where she normally gets inspections done. They are normally pretty quick, but she had to wait about 1.5 hours today. She then ran some errands and came back home. I helped her unload the truck, put things up and then we ate dinner.

After dinner I was still feeling a bit weird...sorta like a caffeine buzz, but I had not had but 1 cup of coffee all day and I knew that was not it. I think my blood sugar was low, but I am not sure. Since I was not up to much, I walked the dogs and then my wife and I settled in with a copy of UFC 15. Old School, but entertaining.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning as best as I can an helping unload some furniture with my brothers in Christ later that evening. My wife will be at a rodeo and I cannot be too far from home since I am on call. It would be my luck that I would get a call while at a busy, crowded rodeo.

Well, I am starting to get tired, so maybe a few hours sleep will help. I am off Monday, although I will still be on call. That will suck, but maybe things will be OK. Our customer is off that day, too...at least in the US and Canada.

No comments: