Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time to Play Catch Up

With the impact of those being laid off beginning to wane a bit, I have been trying to catch up on things so I can (sometime) transition to my new role, whatever that may be. The project I was working on has picked up some steam as I have been forced to do a portion of the work that was to be handled by others. I do not mind, but it keeps me from learning my new role. Maybe that is a good thing, since my boss has been kind of scarce lately.

With L1, L2 and part of L3 being transitioned to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia we have had less technical, day to day things to and more administrivia to handle. I have been updating some of the documentation we have been using and keeping our queue up to date, assigning tickets and making contact with customers as needed. It has not been too bad, but one snag has been the access that the KL guys need for our Latin America Servers. It would appear that they still do not have all the access they need.

We had care group last night at Jimmy and Collette's house. It was a simple meal of tacos, but it was pretty good. They have invited us over for Sunday brunch again...oh how I love that time. They are the nicest people. I like to talk technique and theory with Jimmy. He is a 6th degree black belt and knows a variety of martial arts styles. He is also very knowledgeable of Asian culture.

Vacation is 1 week away and I need to start packing and prepping things. I need a car cassette adapter for my CD player so I can listen to my MP3 CD's. I have a few things lined up to listen to during my trip up and need to make sure I have things to listen to on the way back. I also do not want to travel with too much stuff, but I need to take things I will need. I guess I need to start my list soon!

Jeff called and wants me to come over to work out tonight. We have not been able to get started ever since we agreed to do this. Something always seems to come up...

No comments: