Thursday, September 21, 2006

No More Home Alone

I am so glad my wife came back from San Antonio / Weslaco. She took my advice and took a 30 minute nap 1/2 way here (11 hour drive or so by her self, not counting the Golden) and came home mostly refreshed. She was in good spirits and we chatted for quite some time.

Work went pretty well yesterday, but I have not started my transition yet. I still have been doing Unix duties (ticket maintenance, customer calls, quick response dispatch, as well as helping one of the other techs with some cabling). It was enough to keep me mostly busy. The team I will be moving to told me not to be in a hurry to get transferred over to them any time soon. It is not going to be easy since they will be absorbing me and a new function. They already handle incident management and now they are being asked to handle escalation management as well. EM is a huge task when done properly and my boss wants it rotated between all three of us in addition to IM which is a job unto itself. I think we are going to have a pow-wow on Friday or Monday to discuss it. My boss is out of town right now and I do not want to burden him with this at the moment. I still do not know what needs to be done about my old job duties. No one has stated who will do what.

No comments: