Monday, November 05, 2007

When Four Days Feels Like Seven

Whew...I am finally off call. This was one of the more difficult ones only because of the late night wake up calls from the help desk we are associated with. While it was only four days it felt more like an entire week.

The rest of Sunday went well. I tough my Sunday School class and even made it through the service without getting called. After service, I drove home (since my wife and I cam at different times) to let the dogs out before we went to lunch. When I got done with the dogs, I noticed my truck was leaking coolant like crazy...a scary thing since I just had the truck worked on Friday. Needless to say my wife and I dropped the truck off that afternoon so the guys could look at it and correct the problem. I hope it is their fault and not the radiator...we do not need any more big expenses right now.

After we dropped the truck off my wife and I grabbed some bagels for lunch. It had been a long time since I had bagel with hummus on it and it did not disappoint. While I have had better bagels, this one was not bad.

We got home and my wife spent the afternoon talking to her friend in Alabama. I dozed on and off while I was trying to watch a bad Harrison Ford movie (Hollywood Homicide) on TV. and eventually I got up and fed then walked the dogs before we went to the party that was being thrown for one of our church members who recently became a US citizen.

The rest of the night was quiet and I went to bed early since I was (and still am) very tired. At least Sunday night was quiet!

No comments: