Monday, November 19, 2007

Recap

I know it has been a few days since this blog has been updated but I have been a little busy and when I have had time to update it I have not been motivated to do so.

Friday was moderately busy at work during the day but the issues were all resolved before I went home, which meant as long as I did not get called that evening, I was off the hook.

Friday evening was pretty low key. Since I was on call we did not do anything but watch a little TV. I did work on a clever bit of camo for one of the hides I planed on placing this weekend. I think it turned out pretty well.

Saturday morning came and I treated myself to a pot of coffee, the first I since I burn my mouth (quite seriously, I might add) a couple of weeks before. I walked the dogs and then got ready for the men's breakfast at church. It went pretty well, but I felt moved to share a concern with the group regarding the direction the men's ministry was heading. My thoughts were not received overly by some, but a few of the men thanked me for bringing it up.

After the breakfast and cleanup, went home and started cleaning the house some. I spent about 2 hours on vacuuming, stripping the beds, and such before I decided to go kill a few hours locating some of the more difficult caches I had missed in previous weeks.

I had a very good time hunting the caches and only missed one I wanted to get but got a couple of very tough hides. I came home hot, sweaty, and a bit sore (there was a good deal of climbing on some of them) but very content. After I got cleaned up my wife and I went out for ice cream...you know, on a date. It was a pretty nice treat and both of us had a pleasant time.

Sunday was a bit different than most. First, we got a call from Soldier Boy...HE IS BACK HOME IN THE USA! My wife and I were very happy to hear his voice and we talked to him as long as we could before he had to go. Welcome home, son.

While we had Sunday School, the Christian school affiliated with our church put on a performance for us. It was a musical and while the acting and the production we good, the story was hard to follow and the Christian message was rather weak. Overall I would say a 3 out of 5 stars.

After the performance I went back home (my wife was not feeling well) to see if my wife was feeling better. She was not so I went out to lunch on my own, depositing a refund check from the hospital and grabbing a cache (a very well done one at that) before I headed back. You could tell the holidays are approaching because traffic is already starting to get heavy. It took me twice as long to get to the other side of town as it normally does.

Once I got back I walked Little Man and placed a cache 1/10 of a mile down from the last one I placed. I used the modified camo I made the other night and was pleased with the results. I walked back and checked on my wife but she still was not feeling well, so I went to the church Thanksgiving dinner (we had signed up to help set up the dining hall) by myself.

I helped set up, ate a good dinner, and cleaned up before coming home to take care fo the dogs and check on my wife. She was feeling better, but still a bit under the weather. I was not feeling bad, but I was tired so after talking to my mom, I hit the hay early.

No comments: