Thursday, November 29, 2007

Very Thankful!

Tuesday was another busy day (I ended up staying over just to get things under control) but Wednesday was much better. While I was busy with the follow-up paperwork to all the issues we managed the previous 2-3 days, it was a lot better than trying to run new issues. I normally am not a paperwork type of guy but I will take that over constant phone calls any day.

Last night my wife and I went to care group, but I really was not into it. The food was very good (lots of veggies and meatloaf was the main course) but I just had too much on my mind with the current situation at work. I realize I have it much better than some, but it still is disheartening to have an obligation to be on call and not get any compensation for it. I really need to find a way to let go of this anger and get a better attitude about my job.

I slept pretty well last night, although I got to warm. I find that odd since the furnace was not on, I was not wearing PJ's, and I tend to get cold at night, not warm. When I woke and got out of bed, then I realized I was getting cold, so I dressed appropriately and took Little Man out for quick walk.

The rest of my morning went pretty much as usual, with the exception of my TL called in sick. He is a pretty healthy guy but the past two weeks have been pretty hard on both of us and I guess he just caved first. I was going to ask him if I could take today off and tell him he could have Friday off, but it looks like that is out of the question now. I bet he tells me to go home early tomorrow if things remain calm. I won't count on it, but I am sure that is what he will do.

The weather is back to waht I expect Texas fall weather to be like...50-60 in the day, 35-45 at night. Not bad, really.

No comments: