Friday, November 02, 2007

It Figures

We had a pretty good day yesterday at work. The phones were ringing, but there was nothing of any great importance until 4:50 PM...10 minutes before I went on call. My TL took a call and got the ball rolling for me and he stayed until 5:30 PM to make sure things got started before he handed it off to me. Nice guy...and I mean that.

I take the issue and get a call back about 7:00 PM from the tech who was investigating it. He could not see a problem on their end so he asked me to have the message queuing admin look into it. So at 2 AM or so CET, I called the on call admin and he looked, but after an hour, he could not find anything. Then then told me to have the customer reboot the OCR machine. Well that was not going to happen any time soon since the customer was not at work. (Sigh) ... another wasted 4 hours.

I called the customer and gave her the info. Needless to say she is not the friendliest person I have dealt with in the past few months. She agreed to wait until morning and then come in to work to reboot hte machine and call me with the results. She says she gets to work at 6:30 AM, so she has had an hour to do this but so far I have not heard from her or the third party who normally supports the app.

(Sigh).

I hope today is similar in the workload, MINUS the last minute high priority ticket. And if the weekend is issue-free, all the better.

No comments: