Friday, November 09, 2007

I Wonder How Will This Turn Out

Two days in a row we have had a peace. No issues have been raised and things have been nice. This afternoon while everyone else was in a very important meeting that I did not get to go to (another story), I worked with our third party provider trying to get as certain module of SAP up and running for our customer. This started off bad and got worse as the hours drifted by.

First, the help desk gave me the wrong description to the problem. There were screen shots, but they did not match the issue reported. Since I am not familiar with this, I pass on to the third party.

Next, the third party says that they can only work via e-mail since they work from home. I am not sure where that came from since I sure as heck have to call people when I work at home.

Finally, the third party states that since there is a chage freeze, they cannot upload the code that needs to be put on the productions servers and the customer will just have to wait until the freeze is over with...in January. The tech working on the issue did not understand that the cahgne freeze is in place for non-critical issues...high priority issues are immune from this.

We have engaged the management of the third party and they are working with the tech to rectify the situation.

We hope.

No comments: