Monday, November 12, 2007

Just Another Day

Sunday arrived and departed much like any other day for me. While I enjoy Sundays, sometimes they can be a bit mundane and today was no different. It started off like it normally does with a quick walk of the dog and my morning bible reading (I have skipped coffee the past few days since I have a nasty burn in my mouth that has not fully healed and I do not want to aggravate it). I attended church and Sunday School as usual ad after that was over, my wife and I grabbed lunch at Fuddruckers. I was getting a headache so my wife gave me a couple of Tylenol and it eventually subsided. Lunch was good and afterwards we filled up the gas tank in her van and headed home. By the time we got home the headache was mostly gone and my wife had already started her Sunday afternoon nap. I was not sleepy so I worked on a a small cache I wanted to hide near our house. Once it was complete I dropped it off and submitted it to geocaching.com for approval. This makes hide number 5 for me. None of them have been as good as the first, but I have not found the perfect area yet in which to place a fun one.

After I placed the cache I sat down for a few minutes and watched some "Man Versus Wild" on Discovery. When it was over, I got cleaned up to get ready for the monthly service that takes palce on Sunday Night. We call it "Voice of Faith" and it is all singing and prayer.

After the service I tried calling my mom but the line was busy so I gave up and went to bed. I was tired for some reason (I tire easily nowadays it seems) and decided to get as much sleep as possible. When I woke, I found my wife up and working on the PC. She had been up since 4:00 AM (I get up at 5:00) and had a littany of things she wanted to do. I left her to herself as I walked Little Man around the block.

I got back and my wife started feeding the dogs. With that, I started my routine to get ready for work. When I arrived, the feeling of dread had already sunk in. We were told of layoffs coming soon and one of us are very happy. The whole building is quiet (even during the busy parts of the day) and everyone looks glum.

I have dodged 5 layoffs so far and if God wants me someplace, he will put me there no matter what happens. That is why I am not going to worry...It is not in my hands.

No comments: