Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Trend

My morning at work was about hte same as it has been the past couple of days, which is a good thing. Nothing major going on and it gave me time to work on a report that I needed to knock out before too much time had elapsed.

At lunch I attempted three caches...one near a church hidden in some hedges (I really dislike these types of hides) and two along a green belt a mile or so from my office. I was unable to get the one at the church but got the first one at the green belt (which was Halloween themed) and struck out on the second at the green belt due to a lack of time. I cam back and ate my lunch at my desk and worked on a power failure issue at our customer's main site in Plano.

Before I went home I noticed that our peer in Mexico raised an issue with our third party provider on an old ticket but he failed to update the log. I was concerned since I was on call and I did not want to get stuck with a bad situation. Long story short, I did not have to work it but I did get a phone call at 11:30 PM (after I had been asleep for 30 minutes or so) asking me to make a change to the ticket. Why I had to be called for this I am not sure.

Since I was not obligated to any issues I went to care group with my wife. We had a good time and enjoyed pleasant conversation until we had to go home.

I stayed up working on some caches I plan on hiding soon then I hit the hay. Of course I was woken up at 11:30 but that is part of the job...

No comments: