Thursday, February 22, 2007

Waiting For The Roar

Well today I learned a few things that could make my life very interesting in the upcoming weeks.

The first is that my job as an Escalation Mgr may be coming to and end. I had recently talked to my boss about it and he is all for it, but a few e-mails that came down the pike this week and a last lead me to believe they are phasing out my part of the process. I did not catch it at first but when I put them all together and add the fact that 3 of the 5 escalation managers are changing jobs and the replacements were not announced, I think I get the picture.

If that is indeed true, I will lose my "gap pay" (on call pay) but I also regain my nights, weekends and holidays. I can handle that...I think. Sound fair to you?

The other thing I found out today is that out of the 20-25 people in our building who work on the same account as I do, at least 6 qualify for my company's early retirement plan. Neat plan...you add your age to your service years and if they add up to 65 or more, you qualify. I only add up to 52, so I am not one of them.

Add to that 3 of the 4 members of my old group qualify for this and if they all take it, that is gonna put a lot of work on the last man standing. Ouch.

Well, I was all ready to walk little man but my wife decided she needed the exercise so she took him. I am glad I have started walking at lunchtime. I need to go inquire about the cost of joining the rec center across the street from my house. It used to be about$60 a year but I think that price has gone up some. No worries, as long as it is less than $100 year it is still cheaper (and clsoer) than Express Fitness where my wife goes.

No comments: