Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hodge Podge O' Stuff

Quick update while I have a minute:

The rest of Friday was slow so getting home at a normal time was easy. When I got home I realized I was tired and so was my wife, but we still needed to go to the church retreat. She was more tired than I was so I told her I would go, but I would need a Monster Khaos if I was going to make it. She agreed.

Before I left I ate a little but wanted to look at the two computers my wife's boss gave me to evaluate. One was 11 years old so I know it was no more than a P 166 so I just left it alone. The other was an e-machines W4885...that will not power up. The thing was COATED with about a quarter of an inch in dust and the PSU smells burned out. The previous owner put an decent mid grade card (at the time of purchase) in it...an ATI Radeon 9200.

I asked her boss what he wanted me to do with them and his wife said junk them. I make take it and clean it up and refurbish it. He stated that he had two more for me to look at when I had the chance. I am not sure if he wants to have them refurbished or just scrap them. They have good parts so they may be cannibalized for parts.

After a brief inspection of the PC's, I went to Kroger to get my Monster drinks and headed over to the retreat. The first night was only a couple of hours so I was able to make it without any real problems. I drove home and talked with my wife, walked little man, and then watched the Law and Order epi that I taped. After that, I hit the hay.

We got up and my wife fed the dogs and told me to take it easy for a little while, so I made some coffee, checked e-mail, and read my bible. After that I walked Little Man (it was cold...19 degrees...but no wind) and came back to get a shower before we headed out to the retreat. While driving we discussed the lesson from the previous night so she would know what we had been talking about. Once that had been accomplished, we were at the retreat (held at a Baptist Camp 20 minutes from our house).

We had some praise music and a couple of lessons and we broke for lunch. After a so-so lunch (chicken breast, rice, broccoli w/cheese, rolls and drink w/cookies) we had "free time" so the word geeks got together and played Scrabble. With four players the first time and 4 2-player teams the second, it was fierce. I did not win either game but it was fun. After the second game I came home to take care of the dogs. I will go back in a few...I wanted to check the mail, e-mail, and take care of the dogs plus blog if i could...I am so addicted!

We have another session, plus a meal and then some more praise music, then we will be dismissed. We do not have Sunday School tomorrow so I can sleep in...yeah me!

No comments: