Friday, February 02, 2007

Hard Day's Night

...and I was sleepin' like a log. I slept very well last night. There was no back pain (just a little morning stiffness) and I attribute that to our mattress. I woke up feeling very good so my morning walk with my dog (Little Man) was a joy. It was cold (below freezing--29) and some snow (less than one inch) had fallen but the walk was enjoyable. After I got back, I fed them (after I let the Golden out..she does ok by herself) make a small pot of coffee, checked e-mail and got ready for work. I had an appointment early (7 AM) but I was able to get back on the road by 8 AM.

The roads were not bad, but traffic was horrible and it took me almost an hour to drive 15 miles. I almost gave up and went back, but I figured that would be fruitless so I just kept plugging along. When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed that not many people were in yet...they were taking their time on the roads since some were icy. I got into my office and fired up my laptop and checked the status of things and everything was rather stable. With that bit of good news I started my reports, answered e-mail, and did a little research for my boss.

Tonight is our church retreat at Lake Lavon. As usual, it is cold and wet and tomorrow it will be fairly cool but dry. I look forward to these because I enjoy the fellowship but sometimes things can get a bit tiring. There are usually a lot of games played during free time (Farkle, Scrabble, Ping Pong, etc) and I do love a rousing game of Scrabble. Overall it should be a good weekend.

No comments: