Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"I'm The Man"

Could Mitt Romney be the guy for us? If what I read is true, he just may get my vote:

Secure borders
Smaller government
Lower taxes
Pro-life
Pro-family

Con's? He is Mormon. Now being a mostly conservative Christian, I am supposed to have a problem with that, but I don't. If he lives up to his promises then I am not so sure that being a Mormon matters (BTW, Mormon's are not "Christian"...their belief system does not allow for Christ to be their personal Savior. I am not disparaging them one little bit. Every has the right to believe as they see fit). I would rather see promises kept by a non-Christian than broken promises from a believer.

Of course, it is still very early...things can change...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitt's biggest challenge will be the far left tearing him down for being a mormon. He may very well get my vote because he's very strong on the issues that matter. I can live with the fact that he's a mormon.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I will seriously consider suicide IF Hillary Clinton becomes our next president. I was floored when she became a NY senator. After that event, I think anything is possible. I truly think she would do anything to become our next president. The future of the world is already dicey IMHO. In my book, with Hillary as prez., it becomes exponentially scarier.