Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Upswing

Sunday came and went without a hitch. All went well and I even was able to take a nap. Life can be good sometimes.

Monday my wife had the carpet cleaning guy over to take care of a spot he missed and the guy brought his late teen/early adult aged son with him. My wife told me the father is obviously not pleased with his lazy son who, upon entering our humble abode immediately asked for something to drink. Not a glass of water but "something to drink". Not that I mind but my wife said the father was visibly miffed.

Work we went well. I finished up the paperwork on the items I had been working on and was rather miffed when I found out that the 12+ hours I spent working on an issue Saturday was for naught...the customer asked to have the ticket closed stating that all was working fine now. I know for a fact my team and the third party we worked with did nothing...we were told to gather data for the customer (which we did) and then they said "close the case". I love my job!

I got home and my wife said she was feeling much better. I had to fend for myself for dinner but that was not a major issue since we had a few leftovers still in the fridge thanx to all the kind souls who brought food by our house while my wife was down. After dinner I washed a mound of dishes then went over to Kroger's to get a few things (milk, juice, yogurt, etc). When I got back I sat down and watched "King of the Hill" and then worked on a few geocache containers and paid some bills online. The electric bill went up $50 and is now over $300. Things are getting tight.

There was nothing on TV last night so my wife and I took the dogs for a walk to the park and back then we settled in and read for a while before calling it a night. She fell asleep holding my hand.

My wife woke up this morning stating that felt really good and thinks she may have most of her strength back. For that I am thankful. She has a busy day today and I hope she does not get too tired before she finishes.

When I got to work I did not see anything new to work on. I am not sure what we are going to do about the paperwork for the issue we worked on Saturday. Our processes dictate that we create a report and assign it to the group that resolved the problem but in this case, the group who "solved" the problem is an external customer to our customer. We could assign the report to our customer and make them deal with it (it is their process we follow) but that would be a tad arrogant. I guess I will let my TL deal with that!

No comments: