Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost Back To Normal

Well, my wife came home yesterday. She was in the hospital about 18 hours total and she is recovering well. She was worried that she might have to stay one more day but they let her go after the last test she took came back optimistic. It was a calcium level test.

So my wife is home now, sans her thyroid gland. The parathyroid was not damage (hence the last test) so as long as she continues taking supplements, she will be okay.

I cannot say enough about the staff at Baylor in Frisco,TX. The lobby was like a mid grade hotel lobby (maybe a bit more upscale) with gourmet coffee and fresh pastries. The staff was helpful and polite and the rooms were as good as they would be in a mid grade hotel. I was given free meals while I was there (and the food was actually good) plus a voucher for an extra free meal.

Most of her nurses were very attentive and polite. One who came in to draw blood in the middle of the night was not so great but everyone of the others was. My wife enjoyed it, well as much as anyone can enjoy having their throat slit and a gland removed. At least she was comfortable.

I was surprised to see that this level of service was actually covered by our insurance.

No comments: