Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dragging Today

I am really dragging today. Yesterday was my first day back to work after my wife's surgery and it was busy. To top that off, my TL's wife had a medical emergency and he had to leave work early and that left me to fill in for him on call. Not a bad thing...I had no reservations about doing it. The only problem was that the calls we got were for other regions and also for things that really did not warrant me getting involved but when the boss says "jump!" you have to ask how high. Needless to say I got to bed at 23:00 and I was woken up at 1:30 AM the next morning. While on that call, I got another call that I had to respond to. I took care of one and the other I put on the back burner until 5:30 AM. I took care of that and laid back down until 7:00 AM.

When I logged on to the internal chat program, I noticed my TL was already online so I asked him how his wife was and he told me that she either had an intestinal infection or Salmonella.

WHOA!

He said he was up a while too and his wife has to go to the doctor again today. He said while she is feeling better, she still feels sick. I bet.

My wife is recovering well from her surgery and has an appointment tomorrow with her doctor. I am going with her since she is still kinda weak.

Today has been slow earlier on but we have gotten two requests for us to look at. One I am working on now and the other I pushed back to the helpdesk to gather more info. I hate having to go to the techs with little or no info.

We have had meals delivered every day and that has been nice. The food is rather bland but spices I have on hand help :-)

We have Thursday night small group tonight. I am going to be so drained. I also have a Sunday School lesson to prep and a testimony to give. What was I thinking? We are far from back to normal...but at least I have God on my side. He and I have been talking a lot lately.

No comments: