Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy, But Not Bad

This weekend was fairly busy overall but it didn't turn out too bad. It started out with me meeting a BiC at a local coffee shop to go over his ideas for a small home based business and his needs for a web site. I acted more as a friend than anything...I cannot design web sites but I know what steps are needed to get on started. He will need more than just a "basic" web site so he will need some help. I am investigating some leads to see if they can either help or if they know or can recommend someone for the job. That meeting over coffee lasted a couple of hours.

I got back home and my wife was gone but left a note saying she would be back later. She was volunteering at a local youth shelter in Plano with the women of our church for the afternoon so I decided to go out geocaching but put a 3 hour time limit on th trip because we had a dinner arrangement in Anna with friends at 5:00 PM and I did not want to keep them waiting.

Caching was a success...I only DNF'd on one and I wasted way too much time on it. I am not 100% sure it is there but it most likely is. Camo'd match stick holders ON THE GROUND in hedges are not fun, especially when the coords are not accurate and the hider refuses to update them. Oh well.

I made it back home and my wife was right behind me. As a matter of fact I passed her on the way back. I got cleaned up let the dogs out and as soon as she freshened up, we headed to Anna to meet and eat with friends.

I took my GPSr unit with me to grab a couple of caches that were along the way but they both were in thickets and I did not want to get dirty before dinner so I just left them. My wife marveled at the accuracy of the GPSr unit in regards to her speed and the distance traveled. It not only can be used for my hobby, but we can take it on trips and use it when we bike. Not bad, I guess.

After dinner we came home to walk the dogs then we both headed to bed.

Sunday was the usual Sunday school, church, and lunch routine that we normally follow, but we had the added pressures of prepping the house to have the carpets cleaned today. The entire house had to be vacuumed and edged as well as all the items that we could had to me moved into the bathroom and kitchen. We left most of the furniture where they were and my wife will have to make sure the cleaning crew is careful not to damage them.

After the prepping was done, we were both tired so we grabbed a nap. I was expecting a buddy of mine to give me a call so we could hide a cache together as a team but he never called so I am not sure if he did it by himself or he will just wait...my guess is that he did it by himself since I am on call all this week...well most of this week.

When the nap was over with we had to get ready for Sunday evening service. Our church only holds this once a month and it is not very well attended. I guess people are just too busy for things like this.

We got back from the service about 8:00 PM and I called my mom and chatted with her for about 75-80 minutes. She is looking forward to me coming up to visit and I am too, but I am not looking forward to paying for the gas. At last check it was going to cost me about $500 just in gasoline, not counting food and camping fees.

I was getting pretty tired once I got off the phone with mom so I got ready for bed. It was not long before I was out...it was a busy weekend.

I start call today and thankfully I am only on call until Thursday...Fri and Sat my wife and I are going on a marriage retreat in Southlake while my TL covers on call for me. I have to cover for him the following week but it is only Fri-Sat-Sun like he will do for me. Not bad...I am on call more frequently but for less time. I just hope there are no complications from my wife's surgery.

Keep her in your prayers, will you?

No comments: