Monday, July 07, 2008

Too Hot For This!

I enjoy Sunday simply because I am never sure what it is going to bring. Of course there is the normal church and Sunday school and most likely dinner afterwards, but after lunch, the day is wide open.

Yesterday my wife surprised me and asked if we could geocache a bit together. I really was not planning to, but there were a few harder/puzzle caches I was itching to knock off the list so I got my gear together and we left as soon as we were dressed in more appropriate attire.

I had four on my list and I bombed on the very firs one. It was a puzzle that I had solved and later verified with the cache owner. I went to GZ (ground zero) and it was over run with briars, so I carefully poked and prodded while my wife stayed back into the vehicle. I spent about 20 minutes looking but never found it. Oh well, off to the next one.

The next one was well hidden but I found it quick enough. Again, my wife stayed in the van while I sat down at a table near a bush and retrieved the prize...all under the watchful eye of the drive through attendant.

The next two were doozies. One was a Jake in Texas hide and the other was a devious little 9key camo job. We spent at least 20 minutes on each before I finally spotted them. My wife helped me look but only noticed them hides after I saw them. To her credit she saw Jake's before I did but did not think it was the cache. Both were great hides.

One the way home my wife and I nabbed a Tizom hide...only because it was on the right side of the street and it was on the way. I also knew what to look for since Tizom hides tend to have a theme.

We got back and we were both hot and sweaty. It was just too hot to be out caching.

At least we brought lots of water.

No comments: