Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Eventful Week

Well this has all the makings of an eventful week which is a good thing. I like to keep busy as long as it does not bear down on me and keep me from doing some fun things. I take my entertainment seriously...most of the time.

Monday started with an issue at work and ended with the monthly Trustee meeting at church. I am on call so I half expected to be contacted during the meeting in which I was taking notes and chairing. All went well...no call from work and the meeting did not last too long even though we had a full agenda.

Tuesday started with my boss coming into the office I share with my TL and discussing upcoming changes to the way we work. True to form he had no concrete information, but he did let us know that changes are coming. One big one is the possibility of switching from "on call" to "follow the sun" 24 hour coverage. He did not go into details. I hate when he does that!

The evening ended with the monthly Church Board meeting. Coming back to back with the Trustee meeting only happens a few times a year and this time it just happened to be while I was on call. The meeting lasted a couple of hours and we had some good points brought up. I came home and did a quick vacuum at my wife's request before I reassembled my office for work today. We made it to bed by 10:30 PM.

I am still fasting on Mon-Wed-Fri, and "recovering" on Tue-Thu-Sat-Sun. TO be honest I have found myself nibbling more on my "recover" days and that makes me feel sick. I feel fine on my fasting days (hungry but healthy) but on my recovery days I eat little bits of EVERYTHING...good and bad. I guess I need to pay attention to that.

I am on call until Friday morning and work half a day. My TL is switching the weekend on call with me so my wife and I can go to a marriage retreat/conference on Friday and Saturday. My TL officially goes on call next week but I will take his weekend for him to repay what he did for me. Then we go back to the regular schedule.

I work from home today and Thursday and I am going to see if my TL will allow us to work from home on Friday. No matter what, I need to leave early so I can make the conference.

No comments: