Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Fasting Continues

Well Thursday (my "off" day) came and went and before I knew it, Friday had arrive...time for another day of fasting. I got up early enough to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and after completing my normal routine, I went to work.

Work went well up until about 4:00 PM when our help desk team Jabbered (internal instant message client) me and asked me to help with an issue that a customer was reporting. It seems that a ticket for a "critical" issue was opened up the day before and had still not been resolved and the customer wanted resolution. The vendor providing the service was external to us (actually it was a subsidiary of our customer) and they were passing the buck back to us. After about an hour of phone calls, I go the subsidiary to look at the issue. The bad news was that I was clocking off and handing the issue over to the on call guy...which meant no rest for him this weekend. I have not gotten the nerve to log on to work to check and see what the progress has been.

From a fasting standpoint I did real well. No headaches (a little grouchiness) and my hunger was manageable. I pray during lunch, napped a little and pray a little on the way home and during meal time.

I ended up eating leftovers last night (I still do not have the heart to tell my wife that they were not good...I am not sure what she did to the Shrimp Normandy Pasta but it really tasted odd) while trying to watch "The Fifth Element" on Hulu last night. Word of advice, if you have not seen that movie (with Bruce Willis) do not waste your time. I had to stop it less than half way through. Yes, it was that bad.

I slept well but my foot still hurts from the stupid martial arts kick I threw improperly and hit the top of my foot instead of using my shin. I have lousy hand-eye coordination (or is that foot-eye?) and have done this twice now. Bruce Lee I am not.

I take today and tomorrow off from fasting but I will resume next Monday...when I start my on call. I love on call. The good thing is that I only am on call Mon-Thu next week while my wife and I go to a conference on Fri and Sat. My TL is covering for me and I will return the favor following week for him.

No comments: