Monday, June 02, 2008

Work Week Or Week End?

Well my work week was pretty non-eventful other than getting my two work laptops up and running but my weekend was pretty busy and fun.

Friday night my wife called while I was grabbing a cache on the way home and asked me if I wanted to go see the new Indiana Jones movie and I jumped at the chance, even thought tickets at night are $9 each. It was good to get out with my wife and hear her laugh...it is so infectious. We got home and ate some ice cream chatted and hit the sack.

Saturday morning after walking the dogs and having my coffee I headed over to Home Depot to get some supplies that I would be needing to clean and repair the gas grill and to change the oil in the lawn mower. After chatting with a couple of people in Home Deport about string trimmers and grill parts (they were going to buy the bad stuff, I steered them in the right direction), I cam home and tore the grill apart and soaked the inside and the racks with oven cleaner while I brushed the other parts. While the grill sat and the cleaner did its thing, I pulled out the mower and changed the oil, spilling a large part of it in the process. My driveway now has a large oil stain in it thanks to me knocking the oil reclamation container over....ARGH! Even with some of my wifes "secret" cleaner, it still did not come up so I (okay, we)have to live with it.

After the over cleaner had sat for a while I began to wipe it down and hose it off. While it is far from spotless, it is much better than it was. After replacing the old lava rock with ceramic briquets, I fired up the grill on high for 15-20 to season the briquets and make sure the burners lit. That is when I found out the igniter was not working (corrosion) so we just will use a grill lighter...a 10 year old grill is not worth buying one very year or two.

I was a mess (as you can imagine) so I got cleaned up and ate a quick lunch. One of the local geocaching gurus called me the day before and asked me if I wanted to go into Plano and grab some caches at nature preserve there on Saturday and since that worked into my plans I agreed.

At 1:15 PM IXkey shows up and we load my bike on the back of his Xterra and head into Plano. We had a really good time hiking and biking the trails (about 6 miles worth), grabbing 16 caches. Fun!

I got home and got cleaned up again, ate dinner and worked on my Sunday School lesson that I had to teach (James 5) and then watched a little TV that had been recorded (Battlestar Galactica and the season finale of Lost) before going to bed. I was very tired.

Sunday we had church as normal then we went to grab some lunch at a Chinese joint nearby. While the food was good, it was not as appealing as it usually is. The important thing is I got filled up...actually we both did. I had a couple of hours until our next activity so I figured I would vacuum the house. Since my wife is working on some of it (painting) I figured I would have trouble vacuuming around her work but I had no problems and was finished with a thorough job in 1.5 hours. Now it was time to go to a graduation party.

I felt kind bad about not spending more time talking to the grads but both of them (we attend a small church) were doing okay without me so I spent that time catching up with Jimmy and a few other people. After we caught up, the party was winding down so my wife and I stayed to clean up. That did not take long at all (we had a lot of help) and we were soon on our way home.

I fed the dogs while my wife prepped the tuna steaks for me to put on our freshly cleaned grill. I was not very hungry but I knew once the tuna starting sizzling that I would be. I chatted with my mom while I grilled (killing two birds with one stone) the fish and when the fish was a done I went into the office to finish my call.

After chatting with my mom for about an hour, I watched a few of Saturday's MMA matches and was kind of surprised at the outcome. I will be making a separate blog entry on that. I want to watch the matches again and then comment with a clear head.

As darkness began to fall, my wife said she wanted to walk "The Golden". I asked her if we could go to a park just north of us that had a night cache in it that I had not done yet and she agreed. about an hour later we can the cache in hand and a mile or more under our belts. It was a good hunt and a great walk. I have now completed my first night cache. Go me!

After we got home I logged my find and went to bed. It has been a long weekend and I am sure my week will be almost as long!

No comments: