Monday, June 23, 2008

Not Exactly What I Expected

I survived my week of solo work. It was an interesting week as it was busy, but not many issues were high enough severity for me to manage them. I did a lot of fire fighting and that took up most of my time. I did have a couple of big issues (virus outbreak and a campus LAN outage) and they took a big chunk of my available time as well.

The reason that it did not go like I had expected was that I did not get any after hours calls at all last week. Everything was handled during business hours. I believe that has only happened once before to me. It is a trend I would love to see continue!

I ended my week much like I wanted to...resting. I was exhausted from a long solo week and then a physically demanding Saturday at church. I still do not feel 100% but I am recovering. I am pretty sure I have recovered enough to mow grass this evening. If not, I will get it tomorrow, but I am shooting for tonight. I still need to replace a defecting DVD/CD-ROM unit in friends computer and I may do that tonight instead...I guess I can call her and see which works better.

My sciatica has been acting up again so I have started my "Aleve therapy" again. So far, no improvement, but if I remember correctly it took a couple of days the last time this happened.

My wife and I went to a new BBQ joint on Sunday after church. While I will not go as far as they do, "the best BBQ in the world..." I will admit it was tasty. I need to go back when I am not quite so hungry to see what it tastes like then. The pulled pork was lean and mildly smoky. It came dry and I could add as much of any of the three sauces (mild, hot, or sweet...I mixed mild and sweet) as I wanted and that was nice. The sides were not really big but the price was fair. We will be back again...at least once.

No comments: