Monday, June 16, 2008

Last Ride

I start house arrest (on call) tonight but before I am officially on call, I have to work all day solo. Actually I will be working all week solo since my colleague/TL is enjoying a week of camping with his family. I hope he has a good time. For me, I hope that I do not have a repeat of the last time I worked solo and was on call at the same time...it was rather brutal. I also hope that last weeks burst of work was just a one time event. We were busier last week than we had been the previous three weeks combined.

To drown my upcoming misery (I am so not looking forward to be tethered to my mobile for the next 168 hours) I went on a 16.6 mile round trip bike ride to grab a geocache from the other side of town. The things I do for my addiction. I even have a couple battle scars to remind me of this last ride for a while.

Well, there is one good thing about working solo and being on call together. My boss said it was okay to work from home this week. Not only do I save a lot of gas this week but I can wear shorts everyday to "work".

I am exaggerating a bit on how bad this will be. I am not saying that it will be a walk in the park, but the perks of this week almost outweigh the negatives. Now I have a couple of places I need to go this week. I have an important church meeting on Tuesday and "the boyz" are having a little get together at PapKilo's place for a little "Meat and Movie" night. All the guys are ex-military except me and they love a good war film. We usually grill out a huge mess of brats, ribs, and or steaks, kick the women folk out, and watch war movies. It has been a year since out last one and we are long over due for another. Being on call could impact them both but I think I can get Jose to cover for me on call Tuesday. He does the job I do only he is based in Mexico. He just got off the on call rotation but he may take the on call for a couple of hours while I am at the meeting.

No comments: